Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast Redemption

So I'll admit, the coffee and banana milkshake was not my finest moment as a culinary entrepreneur. This one was pretty good though.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7008/6669880377_1f19a191d8.jpg

French toast with bourbon caramelized bananas. I had some left over caramel sauce from New Year's, so I decided to go crazy and cook some bananas in it.  Naturally, I was 3/4 of the way done with breakfast before I realized that it was wildly inappropriate to put bourbon in your breakfast. Don't worry, it was on a Friday. It's noon somewhere, right?

 

Normally, I hate spongy breakfasts (spongy = french toast, pancakes, waffles) because I get super full and sick of them halfway through eating. Then, I lie in the fetal position with a food coma until it's time for lunch. No bueno. For this recipe, I used cheap-o sandwich bread, and the French toast super tasty but not too filling.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment