Monday, November 21, 2011

Graduation Station

And just like that… we were gone.

The past couple of months in France have been really amazing. I really had the chance to focus on improving the skills that I learned in school last year, I ate some great food, traveled to some exciting cities, and made some awesome friends.

It was also a pretty great retreat from my regular "adult" problems like paying bills, worrying about car repairs, or finding a job.  My best friend was 19 years old, our apartment didn't have an oven, heat, or a clothes dryer, and my biggest worries were about things like chocolate mousse and tart shells.  Not a bad life, if you ask me.  It's weird not to hike up a ginormous hill at the end of the day and come home to my sparsely decorated Ikea-inspired apartment, plop down for a 20 minute rest on my cot, and then share a giant bowl of plain pasta and several bottles of wine with my classmates.


So what's next for sugarbomb?  Well, at this point, I'm not quite sure. I've been steadily employed (with benefits!) since April of my senior year of college, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit stressed out right now about finding a job. I've decided to allow myself one week of contented unemployment - mostly because I'm visiting my family for Thanksgiving. But after that - it's GO TIME!


My first night in America was pretty epic. I gorged myself on buffalo wings and thai food, drank deliciously watery domestic light beers, and watched four hours of DVR-ed trashy tv. I also flushed the toilet at least 15 times just to ogle the powerful water pressure and tried on all of my clothes that I haven't seen in a few months.  It's good to be home.


So it's time to say goodbye to this:


and get ready to embark on a new adventure!




2 comments: