Friday, November 25, 2011

Call me a turkey...

Because I am STUFFED! I hope that everyone had a sweet Thanksgiving. I sure did. I'm still recovering (by vegging on the couch in front of the LSU game with a PBR in one hand and a fistful of buffalo chicken dip in the other). My tummy ache could be attributed to one of two things:

1. This ginormous plate of food. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

IMG_2640

2. The anxiety of my midnight Kohl's run. My mom coerced me into going despite my disdain for large crowds and Kohl's in general.  Black Friday shopping has always been a tradition for us but these midnight openings took the insanity to a whole new level.  Let's just say that this moonlight trip ended with my mom flinging an armful of reasonably-priced clothing at a Kohl's employee and sprinting out of the store empty handed.

Anyway, before this drama ensued, I was slaving away in the kitchen making some fabulous thanksgiving desserts.

 

Evidence of my slaving:

Thanksgiving-6784

 

I made three holiday desserts: a bourbon caramel apple pie, a chocolate ganache tart, and a brown butter pumpkin cake with maple bourbon frosting. I think I have a bourbon addiction??? The booze overdose wan unintentional. I swear it.

Thanksgiving-6801-Edit

 

That apple pie was not super attractive, but man, it was delicious.  My dad (who, unlike his spawn, is a legit photographer) took the two photos above.

 

IMG_2623

My brother's birthday was also on Thanksgiving this year, so I made him a special cake. I didn't have any chances to practice my cake decorating in France (French people do not eat cakes like this. Ever.), but I think it came out pretty well.

IMG_2641

YUM. I hope that everyone enjoyed a mighty feast yesterday and that you have a wonderful remainder of your weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment