Friday, September 23, 2011

Notes from Paris

Ugh! I need to get an iPhone. I kept wanting to post random pictures from my three day trip to Paris, but by the time I got back to the note, I just wanted to pass out. Here's a quick recap of some of the great food I've been eating.

 

But before the great food, let's take a look at the grossest thing I've eaten in the past…eternity. 8 hours and all we had to eat was this little plate of joy:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6169/6171836785_d380b20799.jpg

Ugh. Airplane food.  Note to self: If anyone tells you that washing down two tylenol PM with a mini bottle of airplane wine will help you fall asleep on a long plane flight, they are lying. It will help you feel like you're going to puke before the landing though.

 

Things got slightly more delicious after that. I basically spent three days stuffing my face with croissant, charcuterie, and Sancerre.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6156/6172348160_5afeae9e52.jpg

See above for salted meats. I'm not sure what kind of animal it was, but it was delicious!

Um also, side note. The Ralph Lauren boutique in St. Germain has an "American Themed" restaurant that seemed pretty popular. AND THE BURGERS ARE TWENTY SEVEN EUROS. That's, like, thirty four dollars. For a cheeseburger.  We did not partake.

IMG 2631

We spent a lot of time walking around - probably like 8-10 miles per day.  Of course we stopped at the famous museums, monuments, etc, but I really enjoyed seeing the different neighborhoods and shops. I saw the most gorgeous tart aux figues in the corner of a patisserie.  I was thinking about it all day and eventually bought a miniature one for lunch.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6151/6171837619_f83d6716dc.jpg

And, of course, we had to go to La Duree and get some killer macarons. The line was 30 minutes long and I got yelled at for taking pictures, but it was worth it.  From front to back, the flavors are: salted caramel, green apple, coffee, rose, lemon thyme, and chocolate.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6162/6171837101_f608047da9.jpg

I think it's safe to say that I left Paris with a full belly. Talk to you from Yssingeaux.  A bientot!




No comments:

Post a Comment