Sunday, September 18, 2011

Au Revoir, America

Well, it's the moment we've all been waiting for… I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight to Paris.  I'm wearing my France Pants (aka spandex) and ready to enjoy a few days of vacation before heading out to my new school.

For now, I'm just relaxing in the VIP lounge, because, you know, I'm clearly a VIP.

IMG_2602

Just kidding. Please note where my ticket says "zone 6," which is pretty much the lowest of the low in steerage. Ha. Luckily, I have friends in high places who bring me into the swanky lounge. There are free cookies here.

 

IMG_2603

Zone 6, baby. No in flight osso bucco and ice cream cones for this savvy traveler.

To say that preparing for this trip has been a logistical nightmare would be the understatement of the century. There was a lot of miscommunication distributing information, logistics, etc. so I was kind of shooting in the dark when it came to packing and getting ready.  It was a bit stressful, but I'm feeling pretty prepared now. I will be ecstatic if a) I show up at the correct school in the correct city and b) they are expecting me. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anyway, the next time you read this, I will be stuffing my face full of croissant and skipping around Paris. If you are new to following my blog, welcome! Feel free to read through some of my old posts to become acquainted with my exploits in culinary school. Basically, I talk a lot about how I drop things, cut myself, burn myself, and then nurse myself back to health with copious amounts of wine and chicken wings. It's a grand ole time.

If you've been a loyal reader for the last year, high five. The format will pretty much remain the same. Once school gets fired up, I'll post lots of pictures of stuff we make (assuming the French instructors aren't annoyed by my pastry paparazzi).

Thanks for reading my blog!!! Feel free to leave comments over the next few months so that I remember all of my friends in America. (No offense, Russian Reader. I know you're still out there. I love you, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment