Monday, May 23, 2011

The Next Step

Things have been rather insane. After recovering from the whole movie excitement, I had to cram like crazy my two regular finals and for my wine certification exam.

Passing this wine test required memorizing, like, 90% of the villages in France. My floor is littered with flashcards that I chucked across the room in rage. Let’s just say that I’m a very dramatic studier.

In short, I know that I’ve been delinquent in posting.

But now I’m back. And I have much to tell you.

IMG_2007

Don’t be fooled!! I’m not technically an alum. (See below for more details). Since I’ll be done with school in November, my friends and I attended the 2011 graduation ceremony. A little anticlimactic, since I’m not actually done, but I’m finished with my “classroom” component and am now moving on to real world experience.

This brings me to my next announcement. In lieu of completing an internship (which is a required component of my program), I’ve received an awesome opportunity to study in France next fall at the ENSP.

I leave mid-September and return at the end of November. I don’t have all of the details yet, but I’m sure that it’s going to be intense, challenging, and awesome.

So for everyone who was worried that I’d have nothing to blog about, FEAR NOT!!! There’s are plenty more sugarbombs in your future. And for those of you who were getting sick of me and hoping my blog would end once school was over… well… I guess you can just stop reading it. I mean, it’s a free country, right?

So now, I’m frantically trying to get a job for the several months where I’ll be in Charlotte. Well, maybe not frantically. I wouldn’t mind relaxing for a bit!

I have a couple more good bread posts for you guys, but I will save them for another day! Happy Monday, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Alice! That's so exciting! Can I come visit and eat pastries this fall?

    ReplyDelete