Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pardon the Interruption

Lately I’ve been thinking that I just have too much time on my hands, so I decided to pick up a night class. Ha. Ha. No, but really.

IMG_1321

Now, that’s the kind of class I’m talking about. I signed up for a wine class to get my intermediate WSET certification. It only meets once a week on Thursday nights, and it seems like it will be fun and low-key (in comparison to my normal classes!)

We had to go around the room and say why we signed up for the class. Most people were talking about how they wanted to become sommeliers or wine professionals.  I just said that I didn’t want to sound like an total idiot when talking about wine.

Hopefully my tasting notes will get slightly more impressive than their current state: “Mmmm, I’m getting some notes of fruit… is that… yes! I’m getting strong notes of grape. It’s very grape-y.”

I’ll do a longer post tomorrow and tell you a tale of elderflower lollipops and evil trolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment