Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Whole Lotta Chocolate

  In the Battle Royale between chocolate and my white chef coat, chocolate wins again.

IMG_1173

My advice to you: buy stock in clorox bleach pens. I’ll be buying them in bulk for the next 40 years.

So for the first two days of class, I didn’t have many photos to show you… but things are really rolling now. The theme of the day was chocolate. Chocolate in my cake, chocolate on my apron, chocolate under my fingernails… you name it.

There were chocolate flowers:

IMG_1165

I sculpted those little roses. You can actually eat them (they taste like tootsie rolls) but my advice is to never eat anything flower-like item from the top of the cake.  Don’t ask questions, just believe me.

Chocolate Plaques :

IMG_1168

Side note – I hate the term “plaque” when referring to food. It makes me fear that what I’m eating will give me a cavity.  Or severe arterial cloggage.  Or both.

And… chocolate mousse!! (See inside layers of cake). IMG_1170

It was five year old Alice’s DREAM!!! For those of you that did not know the five year old me, I had a penchant for tossing the children’s menu aside and ordering “lamb chops and chocolate mousse” whenever we went. It didn’t matter if we were at McDonald’s or the Four Seasons. Disney World is still the only place I ever found where you could get lamb chops and chocolate mousse for breakfast (Thank you, Grand Floridian breakfast buffet).

I maintain that every menu should have lamb chops and chocolate mousse on their menu. And seriously, let’s get over calling them lamb lollipops… what kind of horrifying caveman eats a lamb chop like a lollipop? Ok, me. But at least I do it in the privacy of my own home.

 

Here’s a picture of my whole Chocolate Mousse Entremets.

IMG_1163

Oooh, shiny.

Now, if you’ll excuse me… I have some laundry to do.

1 comment: