Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If I knew you were coming…

I would have hidden all of my pictures of cakes because they are so embarrassing.

You think I’m kidding.  Cake decorating was one thing I was NOT excited about when entering school.  It’s definitely a challenge for me, but unlike other classes where I struggled a bit (Chocolates and Confections or Classical French Pastry), I really don’t have a huge interest in mastering this skill because I know that I will not be making cakes for a living, under any circumstances. Well, maybe if someone was holding a gun to my head. But those are very extreme circumstances.

I think I’m the only one, though. People are obsessed with decorating cakes! My cakes look like I took a few tequila shots before grabbing my spatula. Kind of slanty and slopey and raining crushed nuts everywhere.

I figure the world will have enough cake makers coming out of school to sink a ship. I should stick to bread. And croissants. Lots and lots of croissants.

Anyway, I’m up late  working on an extra credit project (I may hate frosting cakes, but I like getting A’s) so I can’t chat long.

Fear not, though -- I’m preparing a photographic montage for you tomorrow that will show photos of all of my cakes this week.  It will be like that blog cake wrecks. (If you haven’t read that, do. It’s hilarious: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/)

Until next time, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment