Thursday, February 3, 2011

3 Days of Cakes

You be the judge.

Day 1:

IMG_0862

 

Day 2:

IMG_0865 

 

Day 3:

IMG_0873

I think it’s safe to say that I’m improving.  My carrot cake was a personal low. Those carrots look like a tye-dyed squid.

The first cake is chocolate with chocolate fudge frosting. The second is carrot cake (CAN’T YOU TELL BY THE AWESOME CARROTS ON TOP!? GEEZ!). The third is a lemon-lime pound cake.

I am pretty impressed with my buttercream rose in the center of the pound cake. In case you can’t see it clearly, here’s another shot for you to oogle. 

IMG_0880

Ta-daaaaa!

The funny thing about cake making class is that everyone seems to:

a) be really excited about decorating cakes
b) have prior experience decorating cakes
c) have a back up career in being a surgeon because their hands are alarmingly steady and/or they are masters of precision.

None of these things describe me, but I’m giving it my best shot. After my macabre blog post last night, I had an ‘attitude adjustment’ pep talk with myself and entered class with a renewed enthusiasm.  I think you can tell the difference between day two and day three, no? THE BUTTERCREAM IS ON TO ME!

So if anyone in the Charlotte area would like a cake for your superbowl party, send me an e-mail… I’ll be doing a lot of practicing this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. They all still look good enough to eat!! Which I am pretty sure remains the point.

    ReplyDelete