Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GREAT SUCCESS

You guys, good news. IMG_0899

I did it again! Two days of non-heinous cakes in a row. This is a pistachio chiffon cake.

The cake gods are smiling on me. My teacher decorated this cake in 9 minutes. I did it in 30… the slowest one in the class but at least it looks good!

In other news, today we used the MOST DISGUSTING ingredient I’ve ever seen. Now, many of you know that I’m not too keen on eating lots of artificial, mysterious food items (yes, yes, point your finger at my Diet Coke habit. I’m scaling back ok?! GEEZ.)  Anyway, today we used a product called “liquid shortening”.

As I opened the gigantic bucket (which, by the way, has a picture warning you not to allow your small children to dive into the bucket headfirst), I was expecting something that looked like canola oil (…liquid…shortening).  Boy, was I wrong. What I found was looked like the byproduct of a very aggressive lypo session:

IMG_0894

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW.  This is why I make my desserts at home. This picture does not do it justice.

My stomach is still churning. Let me show you another picture of my pretty cake (this one does NOT contain liquid shortening) to get your mind off things:

IMG_0897

Ahhh. That’s better.

No comments:

Post a Comment