Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Three things I learned on my first day in pastry lab.


  1. There is no logical reason to eat a potato that is 1/8” by 1/8” by 1/8” unless you are a baby or someone without any teeth; however, if you find yourself craving any, feel free to come to my apartment as I’ll be cutting everything I can find into 1/8” cubes.

  2. Cleaning the lab = spraying a gigantic hose all over the room and then squeegee-ing everything like crazy. I wish that I could clean my own kitchen like this. I imagine that if I ever have children, I will try to clean them using this method as well.

  3. If you ever find yourself lacking motivation to diet/not eat out, enroll in a food safety and sanitation class. You’ll never eat outside of your own house again…in fact, you may not eat again at all. No. Really. I definitely wish I hadn’t popped out to Chick Fil-A five minutes before class started.

1 comment: