Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Freshman 25

Today was my first day of classes. I loved it! The chef is definitely my style – the first place she showed us was the nurse’s office; she guaranteed at least one person would slice their finger open in the first week learning basic skills. I am now the proud owner of a knife kit and two fancy textbooks. I sort of feel like an assassin carrying the knife kit… but it’s mostly spatulas and piping tips.

I’m not sure what I expected, but Chef told us that we’d be eating everything we make in class (including the 900 carrots and potatoes that we’ll be practicing our knife skills on this week). She said that she wouldn’t judge us for eating 27 plates of cookies if we wanted to, but she also says that the average first year pastry student gains 25 pounds.

Yowza. Good thing I have these roomy pants:



My other joy of the day was purchasing a gigantic coffee pot that will brew 12 cups of coffee during the (very few) hours that I’m asleep. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment