Monday, September 16, 2013

It's finally here...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2814/9774805333_2c860ffb4a.jpg

We meet again, old friend.

I declared September 15 the official kickoff to pumpkin season. 

This is a necessary proclamation, one which I enforce to prevent me from drinking PSLs in the middle of August. (If you don't know what that means, it's a Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Incidentally, they are "celebrating" their tenth birthday this year ).  I couldn't hold out until the 15th this year because Saturday is the best day for Pumpkin treats, don't you think? Sunday is reserved for red wine and cheese plates.  

Anyway, it's now September 16. Here's a journal of my meals for the past few days: 

 

  1. Pumpkin Waffle with mascarpone and figs.  Be still my beating heart.  I caramelized the figs with my giant propane torch and made a resolution to use it more often. 

    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3800/9774789553_4e15df738d.jpg
  2. Pumpkin Waffle au naturel, with some bacon.  This girl needed some protein to sustain the waffle binge.  This girl also needs to learn to clean her waffle maker better - whoops. 

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/9774808103_86098dc4ac.jpg
  3. Pumpkin waffle with maple syrup and blueberries.  This is a Monday morning waffle, if I do say so myself. 

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3731/9774710585_41c5ed10ef.jpg


Apparently, there is a market for pumpkin waffle recipe-making, because I looked at about 10 websites and they were all based off of the same recipe from Gourmet Magazine.  These were pretty delicious - as usual, I put twice the amount of pumpkin spice called for in the recipe. The great news about this recipe is that you can keep the batter in the fridge for several days and make the waffles fresh each morning. Clearly, my batter was good for three days - I think up to four days would be good! 

Let the pumpkin binge begin! I can't wait to post a million pumpkin recipes. Don't be surprised if my nose is orange the next time you see me from a beta carotene overdose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment