Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two amazing cookie secrets

Ok, this first one may not actually be a secret. But it's news to me, so I'm going to share it with all of you. You can freeze little hunks of cookie dough and bake them straight from the freezer. 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Done. Just call me Mrs. Fields.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/6786802562_532548dfc8.jpg

It's a miracle! And who says you actually need to bake them? Sometimes you just need a hunk (of cookie dough) in your life.

Here's my second secret… and this one may actually be more revolutionary.

I like to add a tablespoon of ground coffee beans to my cookie dough. I sift it in with the flour/salt/baking soda.  I just use the regular ole recipe on the back of the tollhouse chocolate chip bag -- except I usually chop up some expensive chocolate and toasted nuts instead of the chips. The coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor and adds a depth of flavor.  People tell me all the time that they are the greatest chocolate chip cookies they've ever had. Little does everyone know, they are probably make the very same cookies minus one secret ingredient!

So, now you know. Feel free to use my secret ingredient at your leisure.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment