Sunday, February 26, 2012

A special cupcake

Are you watching the academy awards? I am, right now. Ben Stiller and Emma Stone are presenting an award right now(by the way, is she, like 6'5"? She looks like a giant!).  I'm wrapping up a small get together for not only the oscars, but a friend's birthday. Double reasons to celebrate!

This birthday boy is not the biggest fan of desserts (Um, what? Who are you??) so I decided to make a cupcake that he'd appreciate:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7043/6787565882_6874e416bc.jpg

MEAT CUPCAKES.

You read me. That's a meatloaf cupcake with mashed potato "frosting" and a cherry (tomato) on top.

Don't believe me? See for yourself:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7194/6933679001_7b8a78db24.jpg

That is, indeed, a tin full of meat. This one was a collaboration. My boyfriend made his top secret family meatloaf and I made my top secret family mashed potatoes (secret: a pint of heavy cream. Some secrets should remain untold).

Talk about an ideal man cupcake. They were amazing and hilarious, although definitely not a hand-held food. Knife and fork required.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to track my Oscar ballot.  We have a $12 pot in the running between six friends. $12!!! That's like 3 starbucks-es.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment