Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Treats

Normally I hate cheesecake, like REALLY hate it. The thought of eating a giant slice of cream cheese bomb after a heavy meal is enough to make my stomach turn.  Even I have to admit that this is pretty tasty.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7030/6565725565_a94e00fd2e.jpg

Gingerbread cheesecake with cranberry compote.  Yeah, I made them in mini cupcake size. After rolling up to Thanksgiving dinner with a tart, a massive pie, and a three layer cake, I decided to tone down my dessert offerings a wee bit. No need to make everyone feel bad about their contribution to the potluck. Just kidding.  Actually, it's mostly because I always stand next to the buffet table anxiously whispering "WHY ISN'T ANYONE EATING MY DESSERTS?".  (If you've ever heard me whisper, you understand why I write this in all caps. Somehow, my whispering always sounds like shouting. It's really inconvenient in the movie theater). People always end up eating them. Probably because I'm giving them the death glare and gesturing wildly to the apple pie.

Don't worry though. I won't show up single-handed. I have another platter filled with salted caramels, rice crispy treats, sugar cookies, and peppermint stick brownies. You know, the low pressure treats.

Um, but as a side note, I must have missed the day in culinary school where they covered Rice Krispie artistry, because my rice crispy treats look heinous. I was trying to make them look like Christmas ornaments, but they ended up looking like tacky drink coasters.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7032/6565719233_3c93b8de5f.jpg

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE FROM SUGARBOMB! I hope your holiday is full of champagne and sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment