Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where've I been?

 

Pardon the interruption.  I was SUR LA PLAGE!!! That means at the beach for all of you non-French readers. (So… all of you).

IMG_3099

Some friends and I took a nice weekend jaunt to Cassis in the south of France. I stuffed myself full of moules frites, kir royales, and gelato while vegging out on the beach and doing absolutely nothing for two days. Actually, that's false. I did not do nothing.  I went on a (very) scenic boat tour and buy a (fake) gold necklace that says "Alice".  I have wanted a necklace like that since I've been twelve years old so I feel like I have achieved a major life goal. In short, it was a super delicious and super relaxing weekend.

Also, a waiter with teeth that looked like licorice chicklets wrote his phone number on my bill. STILL GOT IT! Actually, I think he was just impressed with the quantity of moules and kronenburgs that I shoveled in my face.

IMG_3117

Crap ton of mussles, resting in peace in my belly.

Despite the fact that it's mid-October, it was pretty warm at the beach. There were plenty of topless old ladies bronzing themselves. I myself kept it classy and sat on the beach sipping espresso, fully clothed.

Though I have been MIA for a few days, you didn't miss much in terms of class - last week was sort of a weird week. After our entremets practice on Monday, we had French class on Tuesday and then a field trip on Wednesday (not paste factory…. no photos allowed!). Thursday and Friday we started working on tarts. They are pretty intricate, so we've only finished one so far.

IMG_3087

Pear Tart with almond cream. Mine turned out meh… the pears were over-poached so they were insanely hard to work with.  On to more tarts tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment