Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crazy things I ate in France, Part 2

France is so weird that I decided to make this a regular installment on the blog. For part 1, please see the time I accidentally ate pig intestine sausage. Shudder.

Anyway, French potato chips come in really bizarre flavors. Really. Bizarre.

Exhibit A:

IMG_3154

Rotisserie chicken with thyme. I spent a good five minutes deciding between this and Bolognese flavored chips. I decided to pick whichever one would taste weirder.

The verdict? Um, they tasted exactly like chicken. The crispiness of them reminded me of eating chicken skin, actually.  This made me feel slightly less guilty about eating chips for dinner.

Upon fully analyzing the ingredients, it looks like the flavor is created by bullion and a crap ton of MSG.  Strange. I miss my salt and vinegar.

 

1 comment:

  1. Okay- but seriously. I have had these before and turning a decisively blind eye to the MSG part, I LOVED them. My family descends on the Thanksgiving turkey skin like starved vultures- no matter that we can all live a convenient life of crime due to our lack of fingerprints- and these taste JUST like it!

    As always, I freaking love your blog. Keep making me hungry and jealous.

    ReplyDelete