Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fudgey Chocolate Cupcakes

 

Rainbow sprinkles are seriously underrated.

When I was a little kid, I would always get a vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles from Dairy Queen (isn't this what every little kid gets?) I don't even really like ice cream, but asking for a cone filled with sprinkles is just plain weird.

As I was moving last weekend (RIP, old apartment), I came across a fossilized jar of rainbow sprinkles. I begrudgingly threw them in the trash can but haven't been able to stop thinking about sprinkles since. Sprinkles. Sprinkles. Sprinkles.

Today I whipped up some cupcakes for a friend's birthday dinner. Only after sprinkle-ifying them did I realize that they looked sort of girly (it was a dude birthday).

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6189/6078085921_3592893c71.jpg


 

Oh well. SPRINKLES FOR EVERY OCCASION!

The cupcakes were chocolate with a simple cream cheese frosting. Here's the inside:


http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6192/6078626960_49bda4172d.jpg

 

I used this cake recipe from Martha Stewart and they were fudge-y and brownie like: Chocolate Cupcakes. Not your typical fluffy cupcake, but I was a fan.

If this post looks different, it's because I'm trying out new blogging software on my Mac.  Since I'm now LESS THAN A MONTH away from my trip to France, I"m trying to get into the swing of blogging on my new computer. Feel free to leave any comments on the layout! Feedback is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment