Friday, April 15, 2011

A day full of romance

I don’t understand the obsession with swans and roses in my school’s curriculum. Every time I’m turning around, I’m making a rose or a swan.

I actually asked my teacher about this today. He seemed slightly offended. But he said that swans and roses are romantic and classic. I’ve decided to buy my boyfriend a pet swan for his birthday. I’m sure he’ll LOVE it.

IMG_1454

Sooooo romaaaaantic...

So today we made – you guessed it – a swan statue with a rose on it.

IMG_1457

Here’s my pulled sugar rose from today.  It’s quite an improvement from yesterday, no?

The swan was made of pastillage, which is basically a fancy way of saying Necco wafers. I don’t think anyone would eat this in a million years, especially considering I sanded the edges with a nail file. Yeek!

Here’s my finished product: 

IMG_1459

And a photo of the artiste. Am I the queen of romance, swans, and roses? Um… probably not. But at least I’m getting better.

IMG_1467

And, yes. My hat is way too small. It usually feels like my brain is about to explode out the sides.

2 comments:

  1. You look really pretty in this picture despite the harsh beauty rules at JW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat was the swan made out of??did u use pastillage for it??

    ReplyDelete