Thursday, February 10, 2011

T minus one day…

Until cakes class is over. That’s right, that means tomorrow is the practical. I’ve spent the past four hours practicing making buttercream roses and writing “Happy Birthday” in chocolate.

My eyelids are drooping and my hand is cramping. I think it’s time to call it a night, eh?

Hopefully nothing traumatic happens in tomorrow’s practical. We are doing two cakes – one for speed and one for skill. WISH ME LUCK because I will need it!

Here’s a picture of my angel food cake that I made today:

IMG_0937

And a close up of the roses at the top, so that I can remember how to do them tomorrow!!

IMG_0932

Not perfect, but you could definitely sell this at a grocery store. Not that my aspiration is to work at a grocery store… but I’m satisfied with that level of proficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment