Friday, September 24, 2010

Confession.

I may or may not have eaten creme brulee for breakfast today. What can I say, I live a life of luxury.

Actually, I haven't been to the grocery store in about 2 weeks. (Well, that's not exactly true. I went last week but I only bought a bottle of wine. I was wearing my chef outfit and had to sprint out of there because people kept staring at me and asking me recipe advice). Currently, the only things in my fridge are heavy cream, pickles, and a tupperware full of egg whites (their yolk friends are in the aforementioned creme brulee).

No class today, but I went to a demo with some famous wedding cake designer. I spent two hours watching him make pearls out of pastry gum and fake gemstones out of a sugar-free product that will give you SOED (sudden onset of explosive diarrhea) if you eat more than 1 oz of it. It was very impressive and he used some serious high tech products... but I think it solidified my lack of desire to make wedding cakes for a living. Somehow I couldn't really take pride in a product that leaves people sprinting for the bathroom.

I spent my day off doing TFA work and, you guessed it, making pies. Well, I made one pie and then a bunch of meringues to try to use up all of those egg whites (there are only so many egg white omelets one woman can eat... especially when she doesn't have anything to put in them!).

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! On Monday we are making pumpkin pie and pecan pie -- it would really get me in the mood for fall... if only it wasn't 94 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment