Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Heating up my iron

Three classes down - I can't believe it.

The rest of the practical was uneventful. The messed up macaroons did not, in the end, cause me to get an F. I miss Cookie Chef already. My rapidly growing rear end, however, is thankful to be out of cookie class, as petit fours are WAY too easy to pop in your mouth. All day long.

Today we met our chef for tomorrow's class (Classic Pastry). She came into our classroom and announced that 1. we'd be having a test on puff pastry tomorrow (the first day of class) and 2. We'd better starch and bleach our uniforms, including aprons and hats.

Now... please tell me... how on earth does someone starch a beanie? Between my big head and my inconveniently long hair, the skull cap is clinging to my head for dear life anyway. I can literally feel my brain expanding when I take it off at the end of the day.

Judging by the five minute interaction we had today, my next class is going to be... intense. Hopefully the chef allows us to use cameras, otherwise this blog is about to get REALLY BORING.

Now I must go study my detrempe.

No comments:

Post a Comment